Mega-T Green Tea
Among the ingredients in diet supplements, green tea has consistently proven to be effective as a weight loss aid. It is no wonder that numerous fat burners incorporate green tea and its derivative, EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) as indispensable ingredients in their formulations. As its name implies, Mega-T® Green Tea relies very much on the thermogenic efficacy of green tea.
What is Mega-T® Green Tea?
First of all, Mega-T ® Green Tea is not tea; it isn’t a beverage. It is a weight loss supplement in pill form and primarily a fat burner with some appetite suppressing and diuretic properties. CCA Industries, its manufacturer, claims you can lose up to 20 pounds with their product, as long as their recommended diet and exercise plan is followed.
What Does A Pill Contain?
With a wholly natural formula, Mega-T® Green Tea incorporates only herbs and minerals, namely:
- Green tea — a major component, of course. The supplement carries 600 mg. along with its derivative, EGCG. Green tea is a well-known antioxidant and stimulant as well. Its high caffeine content is the stimulus that drives the fat burning process.
- Chromium — assists in regulating blood sugar levels and therefore metabolic activity. It has proven its weight loss value, however, only in studies using lab rats.
- Garcinia Cambogia – an herb that helps curb food cravings
- Guarana — an energy-boosting herb that also contains caffeine
- Siberian ginseng — improves stamina and overall health
- Bladderwrack, Fo Ti, and Gotu Kola – herbs that have diuretic properties. These help you lose the extra pounds from water retention
- Calcium — a good idea to add to a caffeine-riddled supplement. The caffeine from other ingredients may leach calcium from your bones. For every 300-400 mg. of coffee, 10 mg. of calcium goes away with urination.
These seem to be a good mix of ingredients which allow fat burning and appetite suppressing activities to work synergistically. Coupled with the supplement’s low carb diet and exercise regimen, this supplement can’t fail to bring you to your goal weight.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Alas, nothing is perfect and so it is with Mega-T® Green Tea. It has got a lot going for it, but there are side effects you have to watch out for. For one thing, if you are caffeine sensitive, this is not the supplement for you. Because of the high caffeine content, watch out for these negative symptoms:
- Jittery feeling
- Electrolyte imbalances and even incontinence – Green tea along bladderwrack, fo ti and gotu kola act as diuretics which stimulates the kidneys to increase urination.
- Rise in blood pressure
- Constipation – Tannins in green tea can trigger or worsen this condition. In addition, people with ulcers may experience increased worsening of symptoms because of green tea.
The Bottom Line
Mega-T ®Green Tea should be one of the most effective fat burning pills around. Aside from a good ingredient stack, it is very reasonable at U$ 16.00 for 90 caplets or a 45-day supply. The brand comes from a reputable manufacturer so there’s no need to worry whether or not the ingredients stated are simply label dressings.
Mega-T ®Green Tea is not without risk, though, with all the likely symptoms that can manifest in dieters not constitutionally partial to caffeine or allergic to some ingredients. A physician’s approval is best acquired before starting on this supplement.
If you are caffeine sensitive, you may want to consider trying something else. Phentramin-D does not have caffeine but has other safe, effective weight loss ingredients that may be better alternatives. See Phentramin-D ingredients for more thorough information.
Weight Comment’s Rating: 4 / 5
May work superbly, but its side effects just takes its goodness down a notch.